What is it about motorcycles and barbecue that go so well together?
Maybe it’s the fact that so many great BBQ spots are on lonely curving stretches of pavement free of traffic. Maybe it is that barbecue hails primarily from southern states where the climate is more conducive to riding. Or maybe it’s just that bikers have better taste in general and food is no exception to this theory!
Wachusett Ski Resort hosted a barbecue festival this weekend featuring dozens of eateries, maple syrup purveyors and cider donut artists who filled the air of central mass with down home deliciousness. [Read and See Much More Below]
The food was only a small part of the fun. The ride there included rolling landscapes and winding roads through Sterling and Princeton MA. Rt 62 West to 140 on the way there and Rt 2 to Old Sudbury Rd, Concord Rd and Union Ave to Victory Cigar in Rt 20 in Sudbury. This quick ride proved to be the right dose of adrenaline after a beautiful North Eastern Fall weekend! [Map Below]
We’d also like to give a shout out to some new friends hanging out at the BBQ fest. We’ll call them “Sully’s Crew” since we only caught one of six names from the owners of the baggers shown here.
In the opinion of this writer, there is no better way to finish a ride than with a good cigar. Next week’s White Knuckle 300 will end at Victory Cigar as well.
Rating system defined: Map Rating System
- Road Quality: 7 (most roads were pretty good though had a fair amount of sand and some rough breaks in the road though RT 62 and RT 140)
- Ride Length with good roads: 3 (65 Miles round trip and a lot of that was on RT 2. The ride is a short, after work or late Sunday ride.)
- Technical Difficulty: 4 (There are long sweeping curves but nothing that should risk your bike. Some areas in Sudbury have decent turns through Concord Street and Union Ave but again, nothing too technical)
- Views: 5 – nice New England Landscape though nothing that rivals many other rides listed here)
- Food Options: 3 (Not much on this route except a few pubs in Sudbury and a bar once you get onto RT 140 in Princeton)
- Gas Availability: 10 (Unless you ride a sporty and have a leak in the tank, you should be fine)
- Speed-traps: 2 – One on RT 140 and one on RT 2)
- Traffic: 7 -(A few cars out and about but nothing that you couldn’t pass)
Total Score: 5.125 (out of 10)
If you liked this review, looks at some other Rated Motorcycle Maps on Beantown Baggers.
Map from the ride: